Join the talented ladies behind blogs Bread + Barrow and Betty Liu for an immersive 4-day food photography and styling retreat in gorgeous, iconic Martha’s Vineyard this May.
Workshop attendees will spend four nights in a beautifully renovated 19th century Victorian beach house and dive into photography from the onset. There will be picnics by the beach, a visit to an oyster farm, lessons on how to shuck, and a chance to try your hand at quahogging. Participants will learn to tell the story of food - from the sea to our hands and onto the table. Then you'll indulge in some of the freshest seafood these waters have to offer and take beautiful, authentic photos for documentation.Some of the topics that will be covered in the workshop are:
- manipulating natural light, both indoors and outdoors
- incorporating the human element
- styling a recipe from start to finish
- styling the environment to fit a vision
- excursions such as oyster farming, quahogging, and a picnic on the beach
- basics of internal camera settings and gear
- discussions on blogging, social media, and your rights as a photographer
- post-processing in Adobe Lightroom 6, and developing your personal style
There are only a few spots left. For more information, visit here.